The most common cause is water left in machine. Try running a spin/drain cycle. If this fails, the machine can be drained by placing the washing machine drain hose lower than the drum (into a bucket or tray). The door interlock has simply jammed.
Why is my washer stuck on lid lock?
– Lock striker that presses down on the lid switch may be out of alignment. – A piece of lint or washing machine detergent has built up over time and hinders the locking of the lid. … – Actuator motor is faulty or has loose wiring (If washer is VMW = Vertical Modular Washer).
How do I open my LG front load washer?
To do so, power on the machine, press the spin speed button until No Spin is selected. And then start the cycle. This will activate the drain only function on your LG front load washer. Once the water has drained pause or stop the cycle and the door will unlock.
How do I drain the water from my washing machine?
5 Easy Steps to Get Water Out of Your Washer
- Step 1: Power It Down and Turn Off the Water Supply. Start by powering down your machine. …
- Step 2: See If You Can Drain the Drain Hose. …
- Step 3: Check Out the Drain Pump. …
- Step 4: Drain the Interior Manually If Needed. …
- Step 5: Know When to Call a Professional.
How do you open a washing machine door mid cycle?
Press the “Start/Pause” button on the front of your washing machine and wait a few minutes for the washer to safely drain away water in the drum before it unlocks the door. Once this is done, you’ll be able to open the door and add/remove items or make chances to the cycle.
How do you move a front load washer?
6 Best Tips on How to Move a Washing Machine – Moving Washing Machines
- Empty your washing machine and thoroughly clean the inside.
- Turn off the water and power supplies, and unplug.
- Unfasten the water supply hose and detach the valves.
- Install washing machine transit bolts.
- Manoeuvre your machine onto a trolley.
Why is my LG front load washer not draining?
Unbalanced Load. One of the most common reasons your LG washer won’t drain often results from an unbalanced load. Washing a large or heavy item can cause it to settle on one side of the washer drum. When this happens your LG washer won’t drain or spin properly and water will be left behind.