How do you fix a dryer door that won’t close?
If the problem is a bent hinge, the fix may be as simple as lifting the door into place so that the latch will catch. Tightening the latch screws may also repair a drooping door. If your door pops open during drying, or if your problem is due to a broken latch assembly, a more involved solution is necessary.
How do you fix a broken door hinge on a dryer?
How to Fix a Dryer-Door Hinge
- Open the door on your dryer as wide as it will go. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws holding the door hinge, or hinges, to the front of the dryer.
- Remove the door from the dryer. …
- Secure the new hinge to the door. …
- Line up the holes on the other side of the hinge, or hinges, with the holes on the front of the dryer.
Why does my dryer door keeps popping open?
A metal clip surrounds the nylon catch, placing tension on the strike to hold it in place once the door shuts. The metal strike also places tension on the catch. The opening and closing of the dryer door can weaken the strike and catch over time, allowing the dryer door to pop open on its own while drying your clothes.
What would cause my dryer not to start?
Common dryer issues include a faulty door switch or start switch and control problems such as a broken dryer timer or faulty electronic control board: Problems with the door switch can prevent the dryer from starting. … A blown thermal fuse often prevents an electric dryer from starting.
Where is door switch on dryer?
Locate your dryer’s door switch. It will be located around the door opening in the front panel. You may be able to pop the switch out of place, or remove it by removing only a single screw. If you are unable to access your dryer’s door switch this way, you will have to remove the front panel of your dryer.
How do I reverse the door on my Whirlpool Duet dryer?
Remove the Torx screws holding the hinge and latch plate in place. Reinstall the hinge on the opposite side of the door. Reinstall the latch plate on the opposite side of the hinge. Slide the inner door back into the outer door and replace the Trox screws.
How do you replace a Maytag dryer door?
- Unplug dryer and turn off gas.
- Open dryer door.
- To remove the door from the dryer: Loosen 2 top screws per hinge on dryer body. …
- Lift up to remove door.
- Remove screw placeholders on new hinge side.
- Transfer upper screws to new hinge side, lower screw location.
- Insert screw placeholders on original hinge side.
Can you replace a dryer door?
You can change the way a dryer door swings open. Most dryers come pre-assembled so the door may either open and close on either the right or left side. Changing the direction in which it opens and closes is an easy process to complete. … The manual that came with your dryer should outline how to change the door opening.