Nauman Hayat242 подписчикаПодписатьсяHow to remove Kwikset Double Cylinder Deadbolt Lock
How do you change a Kwikset deadbolt?
Things You Will Need
Open the door that has the Kwikset deadbolt installed on it. Remove the two retaining screws from the inside of the deadbolt with a Phillips screwdriver. Pull the thumb-turn off the door. Pull the outer cylinder and tailpiece out of the latch assembly.
How do you remove a lever door handle without screws?
To-do today: Removing a lever handle lock without screws
- Insert a flat-head screwdriver putty knife or similar tool into the notch or under the faceplate edge, prying outward with gentle pressure.
- The plate will unsnap from the interior ring and will remove by pulling outward.
- Repeat this method for the opposite lever and faceplate if desired.
How do you remove a Kwikset deadbolt keyed on both sides?
Hold the exterior side of the deadbolt and remove the two mounting screws from the mounting plate located on the interior side of the door. Once the screws are removed, the mounting plate and remaining half of the deadbolt will be free.
How do I remove a deadbolt from a closed door?
Insert a hexagonal bit that fits in the opening into the socket, then use the wrench handle to turn the lock mechanism. Once you’ve retracted the deadbolt and the door opens, remove the two screws holding the lock mechanism to the door and pull it out. Repair or replace it as needed.
How do you remove a Kwikset front door handle?
How to Remove a Kwikset Laurel Door Knob
- Loosen the outer ring. Locate the depression or lip along the perimeter of the outer ring. …
- Grab the knob handles on both sides of the door and simultaneously turn both handles clockwise. Release the handles. …
- Loosen both screws on the inside of the knob mechanism. …
- Unscrew the latch from the side of the door.
How do you change a deadbolt lock without screws?
How To Remove Deadbolt Without Screws – Simple Step By Step Process
- Step 1: Face the Deadbolt from the Inside Part of Your House.
- Step 2: Remove the Thumb Turner Latch.
- Step 3: Remove the Base Plate.
- Step 4: Unscrew the Visible Mounting Screws.
- Step 5: Remove the Screws of the Latch.