An Ikea Billy bookcase can be used with or without wooden or glass fronted doors, thanks to the pre-drilled holes for the adjustable shelving. … This task will be a lot easier and safer if you have someone to help you hold the doors steady while attaching them to the bookcase.
What Ikea doors fit on Billy bookcase?
1 door will fit BILLY bookcase 15¾” and 2 doors will fit BILLY bookcase 31½”.
pdubstuff341 подписчикПодписатьсяBilly Bookcase Oxberg Door Installation
Can I add doors to a bookshelf?
Lightly sand the doors and pre-drill holes for desired hardware. Paint or stain the doors to match the bookcase, then attach hardware. I absolutely LOVE how this project turned out and I hope it inspired you to build your own doors so you can update your furniture!
Is Ikea discontinuing the Billy bookcase?
Is this the same Billy book shelf that is sold for less than $60 at the Ikea retail store ? EDIT: Was, this item is now discontinued from Ikea (not available for online purchase, and most stores sold out), which explains the raised prices on amazon.
Which Ikea bookcase is best?
20 Best IKEA Bookcase Review
- 13) The KALLAX Shelf. …
- 14) The HEMNES Bookshelf. …
- 15) The BILLY OXBERG Bookcase. …
- 16) BILLY Bookcase. …
- 17) The LIATORP Bookshelf. …
- 18) The BESTA Bookshelf. …
- 19) The BILLY Bookcase. …
- 20) The HEMNES Bookcase. This bookcase is gorgeous, bright, and brings lots of light to the home.
How do you install an Oxberg door on an old Billy bookcase?
the simplest way to fit the Oxberg doors to the ld Billy’s is as follows:
- Remove the shelves.
- Lay the bookcase on it side.
- Lay the door face down beside the book case, lining up the centre bar in the tall doors with the middle fixed shelf.
Can you put doors on kallax?
You will need 6 Ikea Kallax inserts with doors. They are basically a little cube made specifically for the Ikea Kallax shelves with doors. The doors are already pre drilled for the hardware. Attach the inserts to the Kallax unit according to instructions.
How do you cover a shelf without doors?
Hang a Picture With Access To The Books
- A picture can cover parts of the shelf that you don’t want to display.
- The picture easily swings open.
- Paint baskets to match the shelving color.
- Vases look good and can be used for storage.
- A pull down picture hides what is behind it.
How much weight can Ikea Billy bookcase hold?
BILLY bookcase 40×202cm, depth 28cm. Max load/shelf 15kg.
Are Ikea Billy bookcases strong?
Billy bookcases are sturdy, but they shouldn’t be used in commercial or retail settings. They were not designed for long-term, heavy-duty use, so they may last long in a home setting but not in public.
Can you buy extra shelves for Ikea Billy bookcase?
Fits BILLY bookcase 31½”wide and 11″ deep. You can use the extra shelves to make room for more stuff when your storage needs change.