Sliding shutters are a perfect way to bring the appeal of plantation shutters to your sliding glass and patio doors. These durable sliding shutters are made out of a high-quality vinyl material that carries the sleek, finished look of real wood but will never warp, crack, or fade and will withstand high-traffic areas.
How much are plantation shutters for sliding glass doors?
Plantation Shutters for Sliding Glass Doors Cost
At the 80-inch by 60-inch standard size, panels for sliding glass doors cost $860. Longer 80-inch by 72-inch panels are $1,040.
What options are there to cover sliding glass doors?
Here are some recommendations from Budget Blinds:
- Vertical Blinds. Generally, the “go to” window covering for a sliding door is a vertical blind. …
- Vertical Cellular Shades. A great solution for your large sliding glass door would be a vertical cellular shade. …
- Sliding Panel Track Blinds. …
- Plantation Shutters. …
Can you put shutters on sliding windows?
Yes, Plantation shutters can be installed on almost any window due to them being extremely versatile.
What is the best window covering for sliding glass doors?
5 Best Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors
- Sheer vertical shades. The most common window coverings for sliding glass doors are vertical blinds. …
- Sliding panels. Sliding panels are also known as panel tracks. …
- Sliding shutter panels. When assessing window coverings for sliding glass doors, shutters rarely ever come to mind first. …
- Roller shades. …
- Honeycomb shades.
Do plantation shutters add value to a home?
Polywood plantation shutters® are more than just a beautiful window treatment. They are a permanent addition to your home and increase its resale value. … Plantation shutters are not only durable, but also energy efficient, which means potential home buyers will spend less money on utilities.
Are plantation shutters out of style?
Most kitchens are large and serve as a focus in the home. That said, my main reason for suggesting that plantation shutters are NOT out of style is that they serve an effective function in addition to looking good. Few window treatments offer the flexibility in light control like plantation shutters.
Should you put plantation shutters on all windows?
A good rule of thumb that we advise to customers is that if you install shutters in one window within a room, you should consider using them in every window of THAT room.
What window treatments are in style for 2020?
2020 Window Treatment Trends
- Hunter Douglas Design Studio™ Custom Drapery.
- Hunter Douglas Applause® Honeycomb Shades.
- Carole Fabrics.
- Hunter Douglas Designer Banded Shades.
- Hunter Douglas Palm Beach™ PolySatin™ Shutters.
- Hunter Douglas Provenance® Woven Wood Shades.
Are vertical blinds Still in Style 2020?
A: When it comes to covering sliding patio doors from the kitchen or walkout basements and wide expansive windows, vertical blinds still remain as the best window treatment option until today.
Can you use Roman shades on a sliding glass door?
Roman Shades: Sleek, sophisticated, and highly functional, Roman Shades are a steadfast window treatment solution for sliding and patio doors. The bottom fold of each Roman Shade ensures a clean look when the shade is lowered, and a neat stack when the shade is raised.
Do shutters suit all windows?
The good news is that, due to their versatility there is usually a perfect solution for all windows that will suit your design as shutters provide the ideal window dressing solution for all types of home & periods of architecture, both modern and traditional.
How do you put shutters on a sliding glass door?
Follow the guidelines below to install these plantation shutters over your sliding glass door.
- Step 1: Select an Inside or Outside Frame Mount. …
- Step 2: Measure the Glass Door Area for Inside Mount. …
- Step 3: Choose the Opening and Mount Style. …
- Step 4: Mount the Frame to the Wall. …
- Step 5: Add the Overhead Frame.