How do I factory reset my Kwikset Smart Lock?
1 Factory Reset
- Open your door.
- Extend the latch bolt.
- Slide up the cover to open the back of your lock, exposing the buttons beneath.
- Push and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, until the lock beeps.
- The light ring will flash red, then spin amber.
- The lock has now been restored and is ready to be set up again.
Can you reset a Kwikset lock without original key?
Rekeying a Kwikset Smartkey without a key has been our most popular request. The Smartkey has several parts to it, and many locksmiths do not touch them without an existing key.
What is the master code for Kwikset lock?
The default Mastercode is 0-0-0-0. It is recommended that you change it to a code of your own. 1. Make sure the lock is unlocked and the door is open.
How do I delete the code on my Kwikset lock?
Delete A User Code:
- Make sure the door is open.
- If you have not enabled a programming code, press and release the program button. You will hear two beeps. …
- Press 2 to delete a user code. …
- Press Kwikset.
- Enter the user code you wish to delete. …
- Enter the user code again.
- Press Kwikset.
How do you reset a Kwikset 910 lock?
How to perform a factory reset:
- Remove the batteries.
- Press and hold the lock button on the keypad.
- Place the batteries back in (while still holding the button)
- The lock will beep three times over the course of 15 seconds or so. After the 3rd beep release the button.
How do I know if my Kwikset lock is SmartKey?
If you’re not sure about your own lock, take a close look at it and see if there’s a tiny oval hole next to the keyhole. If so, then it’s a SmartKey lock.
How do you unlock a Kwikset lock code?
To program the first user code:
- Press the button marked “program button” once.
- Using the keypad, enter a 4- to 8-digit code.
- Press the ‘LOCK” button to save the code.
- Extend the bolt by pressing- the “LOCK” button.
- Enter the new code number. The bolt should retract.
How do I factory reset my Kwikset SmartCode 909?
How to restore default settings on my Signature Series or SmartCode Deadbolt? Perform a factory reset
- Remove battery pack.
- Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack. …
- Press the Program button once more. …
- Perform the door handing process again to teach the lock the orientation of the door.