How do I adjust the door on my Maytag refrigerator?
How to Align the Maytag Refrigerator Doors (Up and Down)
- To raise the door, turn the hex key to the right.
- To lower the door, turn the hex key to the left.
How do you level a Maytag French door refrigerator?
If you have a Maytag® refrigerator, you can search for your manual here.
- STEP 1: REMOVE THE GRILLE/KICK PLATE. …
- STEP 2: LOCATE THE REFRIGERATOR’S LEVELING LEGS OR ROLLERS. …
- STEP 3: USE LEVEL TO DETERMINE HOW TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT OF THE REFRIGERATOR. …
- STEP 4: CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR REFRIGERATOR IS LEVEL.
How do you lower the wheels on a Maytag refrigerator?
Adjusting the Leveling Legs:
- Remove the base grille.
- Turn the leveler or brake feet to lower or raise that side of the refrigerator. It may take several turns for the leg to reach the floor and to lift the roller off the floor. To raise, turn the leveler to the right. To lower, turn the leveler to the left.
How do I reset my Maytag French door refrigerator?
Reset the refrigerator
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) or unpluging the product for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or plugging the product back in.
- Ensure the cooling function is turned on.
- Test the control panel functionality.
How do I reset my Maytag refrigerator control panel?
To reset a Maytag refrigerator temperature, unplug the fridge from the power outlet and leave it unplugged for about 3 minutes. Then plug it in again into the power outlet. This will reset the main control board which, in turn, will reset the temperature.
How do you troubleshoot a Maytag refrigerator?
1. The Refrigerator isn’t cooling or is too warm
- Adjust the temperature. …
- Check the settings. …
- Check if vents are obstructed. …
- Make sure the icemaker is turned on. …
- Check if the water line is kinked. …
- Make sure water shut-off valves are fully open. …
- Make sure the door is sealed properly. …
- Wipe down the door seal gasket.
How do you adjust the wheels on a Whirlpool refrigerator?
Legs are located on either side of the bottom of the fridge. Use your fingers to adjust the threaded leveling legs. If it’s difficult, then have someone tip the fridge back slightly and use a crescent wrench. Rotate the threaded leg clockwise to raise the front and counterclockwise to lower it in the front.
How do you adjust the height of a freezer?
For refrigerators with height-adjustable rollers, look for an adjustment screw near the top of the roller. It varies by model, but in most cases, using a screwdriver to tighten the screw (clockwise) will raise the front of the refrigerator and loosening (counter-clockwise) will lower it.
Why does my refrigerator door not close?
Make sure nothing inside the fridge is pushing the door open. … If the door seal looks fine but the door doesn’t seal shut and drifts open, the gasket may have become de-magnetised. You will either need to get the seal re-magnetised or replace it. If the door won’t fully close something may be obstructing the hinges.
How do you adjust the wheels on a refrigerator?
If your refrigerator has height-adjustable wheels, find the adjustment screw that’s typically located at or near the top of each wheel. Most wheels can be adjusted by simply turning the screw clockwise to raise the front of the refrigerator or by turning it counterclockwise to lower it.
How do I stop my fridge from rolling forward?
Since the rollers/wheels do not lock in place, it may help to place a piece of wood, a small wood wedge, or plastic furniture coaster (with felt on the bottom) under the wheels to prevent rolling. Re-level the refrigerator if necessary.
Can you take the wheels off a refrigerator?
If there’s a problem with the wheel assembly, you’ll need to remove the wheels and replace them with new ones. The process can vary depending on the GE refrigerator model you own, but it’s generally something you can do with just a few minutes of your free time.
Do fridges have a reset button?
Most don’t automatically reset. If the appliance has a reset button, it should just need to be held in for 30 seconds to correct the fridge. Some refrigerators, including Maytag and Amana, need to have the lock button and the reset or auto buttons held at the same time to reset the fridge.
Where is the control board on a Maytag refrigerator?
They are located on either side of the freezer compartment under panels held in place by three screws.